Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Literature review

http://choo.fis.utoronto.ca/fis/courses/lis1325/Pearl.gif As a doctoral student, I am working on the literature review (LR) for my dissertation. I also a librarian, so I am helping doctoral students to write  literature reviews or find literature. To help our students, Amy Phillips, our former Library Director, has designed the web based guide to "Literature review". She was using the template and some content of the similar guide from Boston College. Last year, while I was progressing through the Doctoral program, I started to redesign this guide to LR. Even if I have studied how to write  a literature review in my graduate school and was helping others for a while, it seems I was learning much more by actually doing LR, collecting, organizing and mapping citations using EndNote, scoping the field for experts and salient works, "pearl growing". Recently, I have decided to use social media technology to "crowdsource"   and use such social-networking sites as Mendeley and ResearchGate to collaborate with other doctoral students and experts in discovering the latest research for my LR. These services also allow you to share your works and receive evaluation from peers. In this blog, under Resources, you may find my Mendeley Library and also the bibliography about using SM in CoP that  I have created with the help of another Citation Manager tool, which is a part of the WorldCat (the union catalog for U.S. and many other countries libraries).


I have not published my literature review yet by my instructor may access it via Google Drive
If anybody is interested in collaborating on the same topic please create an account with Mendeley and let  us share citations and comments on resources.



No comments:

Post a Comment